Coaching Excellence for Hotels
“EXCELLENCE IS NOT A SKILL, BUT A DECISION”
WHAT DO WE SOLVE?
WE HAVE EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDEGE OF THE HOTEL SECTOR, AND THUS CAN OFFER SPECIFIC SOLUTIONS
We asked hotel managers, “What issues concern you the most within your hotel? And here are some of their answers:
- We want a transition from adopting a “just a job done” behaviour to a more successful long-term team performance.
- Customers are becoming more and more knowledgeable. They have more power with the aid of social networks and we are not getting good ratings.
- We implement new ideas. However, each employee carries them out in his or her own style. We need corporate procedures… which last!
- I don’t know what’s going on in each department until conflicts arise or customers complain.
- There are only standard solutions; I can’t seem to find coaches and talent developers who are specialized in hotels and can 2provide specific solutions.
The specialty of 5***** Coaching focuses on Hotel Excellence. We are fully aware of the fact that the hotel sector has its unique and own particular characteristics. It’s a sector which deals with expert and informed clients, whilst striving for excellence. It’s under continuous and public evaluation by influential users. It boasts a multicultural profile of clients… and employees; along with its seasonal patterns, the requirements of an extremely competitive sector… and a long list of other factors. All of which require that the words Management or Leadership be synonymous with the word Hotel in order to succeed in a world, which is both, passionate and ever eager to innovate.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
HOTEL COACHING SHAPES THE BACKBONE OF HOTEL BEHAVIOUR AND PERFORMANCE
5***** Coaching supports the Hotel Manager. To this end, we ensure that solutions are consolidated on 4 pillars:
- ROI: Indicators of return on investment are previously agreed with our clients. We measure the situation before and after our programs, advising on complementary ratios such as improvements in Reviewpro – GRS, Trip advisor, Booking, etc…
- HANDS ON LEARNING: According to Cody Blair, after 24 hours, we will only remember 5% of what we have heard. On the other hand, we retain 80 – 90% of what we put into practice and teach to others. We don’t just bring knowledge with our programmes, through practice; skills and behaviour are assimilated and learnt.
- WELL-BEING & BEHAVIOUR: The more skilled the employee is, the less burnout they are likely to suffer. The more resources the team has, the more quickly best practices can become habits. Therefore, in addition to the usual focus on KPIs (indicators of success performance), we also introduce a KBI monitoring paradigm (indicators of success behaviour). We then reinforce those behaviours which achieve optimal results.
- CUSTOMER VALUE: Once the problem has been identified, the learning aspect of the program is put into practise to enhance and drive the talent of the staff towards excellence in Customer Experience. And, with it, the reputation of the hotel and the consequent impact on its revenue, which successfully completes the cycle.
- Because we measure the intangible. All our programs are accompanied by KPIs and KBIsand feedback. All of which have been previously agreed with our clients.
- Because we are one of the few professional entities in Spain that combine Executive Coaching/Mentoring, Innovation and Hotel Management. The programmes are led by professional executive coaches, all of whom have previous experience in the hotel sector, talent management as well as leadership.
- We are also UNIQUE in introducing Multicultural Management as an added value. To ignore this cultural variable within the strategy of productivity and talent optimization in a sector oriented to the global tourist would mean a loss of growth opportunities.
- Because we adopt a glocal (global + local) approach: making the most of a global vision of the organization along with the local particularities of each hotel.
WHAT DO THEY SAY ABOUT US?
Many of us in middle Management found this course extremely interesting, as it showed us a different perspectives & visions for when managing our departments.
We felt comfortable during the course, the exercises that we did during their course gave us the opportunity to be open, share and learn from others point of view.
Human Resources Supervisor “Marriott’s Sales & Marketing”
Costa del Sol – Málaga
We were given the opportunity in our company to do some coaching courses with Juan Diego. And from the very start, we all got caught up in the world of emotions, but at the same time, a world of peace and tranquillity. Juan Diego helped us to get to know each other better and to know our other self. An “I” that has allowed us to confront some of our internal and external conflicts. Through games and exercises in which there was no lack of laughter, the “I” became “WE”.
Thank you Juan Diego for your patience, for your kindness and above all for your generosity. We can say that it was a great success, which I’m sure we’ll repeat because we learnt so much from you.
Directora Hotel Alhambra Palace *****
I worked alongside Juan Diego for several years and he was always really supportive. He always knew how to resolve a conflict or problem, and always in a calm manner. He knew how to motivate the group. He was approachable at all times whilst bringing the best out of each one of us, with initiative. He always gives confidence to each person and makes them confront any situation in order to get them to gain self-esteem. I always greatly appreciated his willingness. He’s always trying to improve, analysing things in order to progress. In short, a person with whom it’s a pleasure to work and from whom you learn a great deal.
Director de Hotel Doña Lola Club
Mijas Costa – Málaga
I have worked with (Juan)Diego for 3 years. Diego took over this complex organisation at a time when both Spain and the UK were entering recession. His skills and enthusiasm were soon producing improvements. He coached his people on an individual and team basis. He won the respect of his team mates. He encouraged them to come forward with their ideas for change and worked on these ideas to improve themselves and the place where they worked. A testimony of the team building skills of Diego. All of this is the mark of someone who has enhanced coaching skills and more importantly the ability to pass these on to others. A GREAT GIFT. As a result I found his unique contribution invaluable to the life and future success of the Holiday Club.
Chairman of Villacana club
WHAT PROGRAMS DO WE OFFER?
YOU CAN CHOOSE THE OPTION OF YOUR PREFERENNCE:
PILOT, SUPERIOR, SUITE, EXCELLENCE
The specialty of 5***** Coaching of Hotel Excellence, at Coaching Airlines, is to offer conceived, designed, tested and contrasted solutions to the specific world of hotels and hotel chains in areas of Hotel Managerial Leadership, Competence Development, Customer Service Skills, Talent Development, Creativity and Innovation. Our programs are adapted to the particularities of each hotel. Some examples are:
Excellence in Foreign Customer Service. Improve customer experience and obtain their loyalty by knowing the cultural preferences of your customers.
Manager-Coach: the journey towards Hotel Managerial Leadership. In search of excellence through operational and emotional management of teams in the hotel.
What’s going on in your hotel that you don’t know about. Identify toxic relationships and actions and use them for team learning and optimal decision making.
Online Reputation: What you don’t give to your customer, they will look for elsewhere. Implementation of initiatives to improve the online reputation of your hotel and upselling and cross-selling techniques that really work and last over time.
Management of change of property/new culture. Programs to accompany you in processes of change that simultaneously reinforce the hotel’s new management strategy as well as the emotional management between each department.
WHO WE ARE?
Coaching Airlines brings high impact intervention programs that provide tools based on hotel organizational evidence and executive coaching that conducts to achieve wellbeing status and top quality performance.
Our team has a vast background in hotels and coaching.
International PCC Certified Coach
Executive and Cross Cultural Coach
Executive & Team Coach
Life & Team Coach
Hotel Entertainment Expert